Monday 14 October 2019

Survived the traffic again!!

The first 25km was a horror ride along a major road... I had hoped that it being a Sunday, everyone would be in one of those many churches that I keep seeing everywhere...
But no!  they were all in a racey mood to fly along the highway, laughing and chatting with friends or on the mobile phone...  And playing chicken with everyone else on the road...  I am always amazed that I haven't witnessed a major accident!  "Overtaking with care, when safe to do so" is not in their vocab...  is it because they survived the civil war, they are now invincible?  so many frights today, but the biggest one was on a very narrow country road, with Farmer Brown chugging along on his tractor, towing a trailer full of boxes of apples...  Hoon gets sick of waiting, so decides to overtake 3 or 4 other cars, even tho I am on that side of the road...  I had to brake and wobble off the road onto a muddy, cut up bank...  I really thought my time was up... Even one of the motorist's shook his head and looked shocked!!  I spoke with a couple from France and they both agreed that the traffic is outrageous! so I am not the only one whingeing!!   I was beginning to think I was in Russia again, tho I can't remember the Russian drivers being so dangerous...  Then I came across a beautiful Orthodox church that was in the throes of renovation...  It will be so sparkling and beautiful when finished...  A little further on, there was a memorial cross on the side of the road - again the Russian orthodox one...  maybe I did teleport over night!

So past fields of drying corn, orchards of apples and vineyards too, there really wasn't much else to see, just concentrate on staying upright on the often really rough roads

To lighten my mood, I made sure I checked each of the signpost, to see what wise words there were today...  Here are my favourites rom today-

In the middle of Serbia and run out of money?  Don't worry, it is a usual situation for almost everyone here.  (At least someone has a sense of humour here!)

Shoot for the moon!  Even if you miss you'll land with the stars.

Endless is the road that leads to nowhere.

Never drive (ride) faster than your guardian angel can fly...

Photos for today were taken when I had to stop for traffic or just needing a break from the stress!  thought I would chuck in a couple of movie clips - especially the one of me zooming past Farmer Brown!!  bahahaha!!









back on the Danube








2 comments:

  1. Oh geez, those clips really show how tough the road conditions are :/ I hope your guardian angel continues to keep up with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really scary and stressful, be careful! I was feeling so glad you aren't in Japan this trip (typhoons, earthquakes!!!) but now not sure which is worse! Stay safe ♡

    ReplyDelete