Thursday 3 October 2019

4 seasons in one day to Budapest

Just a quick update - arrived in Budapest last night, at peak hour traffic and in the rain, so the end of the day was a tad fraught, but thanks to Map.Me and the last dregs of phone battery power, I found Hotel Benczur!
But a fabulous day of cycling - mostly along cycle paths in all types of conditions from very rough to very smooth...  but beautiful all the way.  Autumn colours are really kicking in and there were yellows, oranges and bright reds!
Two ferry trips - one across to Slovakia and the other one back to Hungary, dodging a busy road.
I thoroughly enjoyed this section and even the rain at the end, didn't dampen my spirits.  Ended the day soaking in the bath in my room...  Nice!
so overcast and looking like rain, but should go and do some exploring.  I am just a short walk away from the Art Gallery and maybe later I will go for a pedal over to the Parliament house as that look pretty spectacular even in the rain last night.
Photos to come later today, I hope as I want to do some chillaxing before heading off again tomorrow.



















2 comments:

  1. I'm so enjoying your updates. This trip sounds very romantic and beautiful, the photos are gorgeous.
    Keep having tail winds and good times x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear tail wind might be a bit much to hope for at the moment... but the weather changes several times during one day - but chill is setting in!
    but I do feel that I am cycling through the middle ages - almost! :)

    ReplyDelete