Monday 30 May 2016

Day 24: Up and down, hot and cold and a bit of wet gets me to wonderful Kristberg's Rusthall...

well, if you are coming to Sweden and want to see what their farming countryside is like, ask me and I will show you the way...  a pretty ride today, but would have been really wonderful if there had been some sun...
but as I have been expecting all along on this trip - it was cold, grey, wet in some places and a tad windy in others...  but it is so pretty...  I didn't take too many photos as why would you drag your camera out in that weather....  but there will be some - hang in....  patience is a virtue and all that jazz...

while I was planning this trip I booked accom for tonight at this nice looking B&B - Kristbergs Rusthall - Christ's mountain rest hall...  roughly translated.  and man...  it is so beautiful.  especially as I am the only one here - but I feel like I am a guest at a genteel woman's country residence.  It has everything that is in Swedish Country magazine books.  embroideries, crochet work runners, starched tablecloth - beautiful old timber dresser - wooden floors and ceilings - rugs on the floor....  and creaks and groans..  so maybe ghosts too....

there's even a washing machine and dryer - but of course, this is the one night that I don't need them - tomorrow I will be in Orebro!!

so....  tomorrow it will be warming up again..  or so they say!

now to plug all the things in to be charged, download clips and photos and then hit the sack...

can't believe this tour is almost over...  but looking back there have been so many wonderful places I have been too - there is just so much history around these ridges!




my conversation continues - but they didn't know where Mama Moo is either...



unusual round barn - maybe horse exercise space inside

another view with farm machinery for Carl

for those that have been missing the canola - just a strip for you

arriving at Gota Canal



the sheep were reluctant to move - why would anyone be cycling in this weather?

a rather grand residence

Borensborg canal crossing - no sailing boats today

2 comments:

  1. Hey, on your journey north, are you going to zink into Zinkgruvan?
    Can't wait to see the piccies (HINT!) of the B&B - it sounds vondervall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That round barn could be an old mill where horse/donkey power was originally harnessed to grind the grain.

    ReplyDelete