Sunday 8 May 2016

Day 3: Arriving in Sweden - and riding in the country side to Trelleborg

after a very interrupted sleep - the neighbours were having a party and kept the neighborhood awake until 2am...  Yawn!!!

but the sun was up early, not a cloud in sight again and after a big thank you to my Warmshower hosts, I loaded Maggie up and we set off to the railway station.  bought ticket to Malmo and pushed an shoved my way onto the train - I thought there wouldn't be too many people on the train but I was wrong.  but the train only went to the airport, where we had to change trains, have ID checked by Swedish border control (at both ends) and eventually I arrived in Sweden.  I got off at the first stop and after a sandwich we headed out trying to find the bike path south...  and we did after a few loops!

and soon out into Swedish countryside - dark green grain crops, bright yellow canola fields, birds twittering and cheeping and blue skies and a bitter cold wind in the shade!!  it was great to see the blue and yellow flags flapping everywhere - yep, here I am in Sweden again.

no hills, but a persistent head-wind - the kind that never lets up or gives you a break.  but it was so good to be out of the city and just riding along.  zinked down to the coast and encountered a very cold wind, but the sun was still shining strongly - so I pedalled on without getting out my jumper!

cruised into Trelleborg but by the time I tracked down a rather expensive bed for the night - well the hostel looked a tad dodge - I didn't feel like going out to the viking fortress, will do that on my way out tomorrow.

so my first day in Sweden comes to an end and I was pretty pleased with it - and although I didn't have much sleep, the riding was very pleasant, so this happy chappy is about to hit the sack!

stats for today were total of 56km, but that included the ride into the Copenhagen train station of about 5km.  its always longer than Google says it will be!!  and as I didn't start off in Sweden until nearly 1pm, am pretty happy with the ride.

Summer already? - Blue and Yellow!!


Smugglers Cove - I think

time for a snack!!!

but let's not get any closer!!

Monument to one of the Kings returning from 5 years holidays.....  nice work King!


Quirky statue in Trelleborg's centre.  I was expecting
a little of this weather, but not complaining!!!
so off to check out what this swanky hotel offers up for breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. Well done with that head wind. That sky looks bluer than here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete