Tuesday 15 May 2018

Day 20 - Again am amazed I have been on the road so long! to Shinshiro

At least Map.Me knew where Shinshiro was today!   I took one last look out of the window at the rushing river, and lugged all my gear down to Hennie, waiting patiently in the foyer.

My plan to ride along a very minor road paid off so well...  twisting and turning slightly upwards all the time, the river rushing past down below, the other side a mountain covered with pine, bamboo, maple and a whole lot of other trees..  This first 12km was heaven....  its the highlight of my trip and I have already ridden thru some pretty specky country...

The air was green and there was only an occasional vehicle, plodding past.  I said Hi to a guy toting a pretty fancy camera - bet he was going to try and photo some of the many birds twittering away...  hope he has more luck then me - there's just too many leaves so actualy spy the little buggers!

I was slowly brought back to the real world, but gently!  first a bit bigger road, then the R301 all the way into Shinshiro - still a minor road, mostly two way, tho tight in places.  mostly climbing, not steep, but just ever grinding...  the fast flats had me checking my brakes on occasions...   just keeping pedalling, I know there's a sweep down into town...

I eventually tracked down a hotel - so pretentious looking that I almost went looking for something I could afford, but signed in for only $64 room twice as big as the room in Fukui Apa...  still grumpy about that!!   This hotel is right on the river where the cherry blossoms are most beautiful - or they were - and I think my room would cost a lot more if I came here at Sakura time.. :)

hey - remember that little bottle of expensive cordial I bought back on the west country?  I think it is actually plum wine - umimachi perhaps...  I have restricted its use till the evenings (like now) and it is really quite yummy!!

will check and see if I can choose a few photos of the many I took today!  :)














No comments:

Post a Comment