Tuesday 15 May 2018

Day 19 - beautiful sunshine, beautiful country to Korankei

This weather keeps me guessing.  yesterday pouring rain, today clouds blown away and beautiful sunshine and temps in high 20's!!!  only sign of yesterday rain is now in the river, rushing and gushing down the mountain sides...  Little waterfalls - big waterfalls and those dreaded gutters on the side of the road almost filled to the brim of clear water.

so a little concerned today as Map.Me couldn't find where I wanted to go....  it had never heard of Asuke or Korankei, but I had my ramblings from Google maps to sorta guide me along.  At least Map.me could confirm I was heading in the right direction...  I feared the worst, but after a lot of mutterings, I actually ended up at the right place without getting lost at all...  I am still amazed!!

I just can't get tired of this dramatic scenery...  my photos are not capturing the intense shades of green in the forests.  The pines are almost a black/green, the maples are a bright lime green and all the shades in between.  The bamboo are adding a touch of orange as they start off the new leaves this way.  then on every bit of flat land in between these mountains are little shangrillas of flooded rice fields, reflecting the blue sky (today!) with tiny new seedlings of rice - either planted by hand in the small village gardens, or fed into the soil by fancy machinery towed along by tiny tractors paddling their way thru the mud...

the potted plants that are lined up outside homes, are filled with bright coloured pansies, cyclamen, marigolds, daisies and then there are the beautiful iris - in all shades from darkest blue thru purples and then the dramatic golden yellow ones.  some gardens have tulips just opened and I have also seen brightest red poppies nodding konnichiwa as I ride past!  and in the forest, the wisteria climbs up the highest trees and on the verge I stopped to look at a beautiful passionfruit type of flower - and wondered it this was the plant that bore the fruit that I was given to eat on Shikoku last time in Oct...






















No comments:

Post a Comment