Wednesday 8 November 2017

Being a tourist in Deloraine

only a short pedal today and apart from the grind to actually get out of Launceston, there weren't any mountains - just annoying bumps.
the old Bass Highway, now called the Meander Valley Way was quite a nice ride, tho there was still a bit more traffic than what I really like - no time to dream and wobble along.
The Western Tiers - rocky outcrops that I first spotted on my first day cycling - now I am coming back from the other side - but they are still pretty impressive.
And this is Green Country - the paddocks are really green!  Hereford cows, sheep and lambs and a few fancy horses with the oilskin jackets, looking like the man from snowy river!!
really old cute buildings in the small towns - being lived in and used is great!
I stopped for coffee - but then later a mango gelato at Westbury - but eventually I rolled into Deloraine - crossed over the river then climbed up thru town to the Visitor Centre - where they gave me maps for tomorrow's ride and booked me into the Mountain View motel - so huge window looking out over the Western Tiers - very nice...
hopefully I will get some photos up tonight - stay tuned!!
Goodbye Launceston - I thought I was near the top, but I was wrong :(


Morning tea by a river is always good!





Found a nice bench in a peaceful place to have lunch


One for Carl

Didn't stop for a beer, but was tempted



Seen this range on first day out - now from a different angle

Western Tiers

Dream home


No comments:

Post a Comment