Wednesday 14 October 2015

11 October Shimanto - a great ride thru hills and valleys - again


The Love Hotel was just before the turn off I was looking for, so it was an easy start for another day of pedalling through the beautiful countryside of Shikoku!
you might be getting tired of the same views I am posting, but I'm not!  
I am still a hippy at heart and seeing these peaceful villages where life is in a semi-self sufficient manner - their vegie gardens interspersed with flowers and seeing the locals pottering around in these gardens may be all a bit romantic, but it does seem that this is the way of their lives and I'm jealous.  Admittedly there's no so many young people out there digging the plots, but I reckon it would be a nice way to retire... 
I headed west into a cool breeze and I was beginning to think that autumn is indeed arriving in Shikoku



one of the main "floating" bridges that are common in this area

a tidy road kill - its one of those Tanukis - have seen several- sharp teeth,
but I think I would prefer these to bears - maybe

a nice little coffee shop to stop at before heading for those hills again

just when you feel like you are well away from civilisation, here's an old ladder 

lunch break - with some autumn colours just showing



Coming back down to life on the farm

this idyllic village had these comfy bus-stops with a friendly little fellow in different poses

Coffee in a can and a handful of nuts will see me down to Shimanto, I reckon

the skies were blue and the smog seems to have been left behind....
we are getting right away from the cities now

Oops!  haven't been to a temple today - Maggie is abandoned at the bottom of the
stairs - will all my gear and usually not even locked - this part of Shikoku is relatively crime free

I do like your necklace....
this was another wonderful day of riding - was up over a hill, but a decent grade and although I was huffing I was defeated on any of those hills.  hardly any traffic, just wilderness and more wilderness... Nice!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, lovely, and more lovely. The ladder was interesting and made me wonder if it is regularly used as a shortcut to get down to the road. Your piccies certainly contrast to the ones I took in Tokyo - buildings as far as the eye could see, and beyond ...
    Keep up the blogging as I am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete