Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day 16: Karina to Tibro & I do some loppis shopping

Monday morning – now what will we do? 

Karina and Anders set off for the Kumla train station to meet Anna there, so the girls could catch the train to Tibro stay for a couple of days with Annika.
Church Loppis - crockery section
Agnete and I headed off to that Loppis just out of town at the church hall.  Loppis – or 2nd Hand shops (literally ‘flea’ so a flea market) – are different to our op shops in that they are clean and tidy and displayed well.  This one is really set out well, with tables full of old – but well cared for – crockery, glass works, ceramics and brass things.  The clothes are all neatly sorted and hung in a room for men’s and one for women’s.  There was a big display of xmas decorations and lights.  So at last I bought myself a xmas lights stand – for 10kr about 80 cents…  and to think I nearly bought a new one on the net last xmas…  just hope that I can post it home and that it arrives in one piece – well, not too big of a monetary loss if not!!  Bought another candle holder that am also unsure how I will post it home, but just couldn’t resist.  Where’s there’s a will there’s a way!!

We then went into the city centre to checkout the Handcraft centre where top-notch crafts’ people in the region have a co-op to sell their products.  I bought my jacket there last time and this time I found a pair of wrist-warmers that were pretty nice – and it could still be cold in Brisbane when I get home again. 
We were on a mission to find Baby Roo for a friend’s grand-daughter.  Her baby roo (from Ikea) has gone on a holiday and not back come back yet and Ikea aren’t selling them anymore, so I was asked to keep an eye open in loppis in Sweden.  
Cute baby roo, but not the right one - Oh well, he can come along too

We then went onto another loppis (a private one this time) and I got a tad excited as I found a baby roo and his tag said he had been born in Ikea so I thought I might have solved the mystery.  But no – after checking by email, I was advised I had only found a relative, not the real one.  So the mystery remains – but our Baby Roo is returning to Australia anyways!
The weather turned against us and the rain really started to pour down.  The news said there had been major flooding down in the south of Sweden and also to the east of us at Västerås.  We were OK, but it was a good time to stay indoors now.
Spot Svampen in the rain

There it is!

Facebook was posting photos of 3 girls in Tibro enjoying a sauna and we later heard that to cool off, Karina just went out and stood in the cool rain.  But the Swedish girls jumped in a cold hot-tub!  They were obviously enjoying themselves.
























But the rain stopped later and the landmark of Örebro - Svampen the water tower - was plainly visible again, just down the road from the apartment.



Svampen revealed!


I was beginning to think it must be time for another bike ride, so I planned for a pedal around Rävgången in the morning.  I rescued Maggie from the garage and locked her in the cykelrum with Anders’ bike.  Hopefully the sun will shine again in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment