Wednesday 9 August 2017

The actual trip - as promised!

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Caught Premiers Bus north and it veered off the road at Rollingstone Pub and Hennie and I were dumped on the side of road - and in a puff of burning diesel the bus headed off to Cairns...

Some laconic Aussies were hanging around the bar as is usual at the Rollingstone Pub... they watched me as I dragged my panniers across the highway and then - still watching - while I hauled Hennie wrapped up in plastic - but then I am a farmer's daughter, so no problems !

I was not expecting much and was not disappointed - tho could have done without the piles of gecko poo and dead moths on the windsill - all adding a certain aroma to my room...  would have been nice if they had thought to clean the toilet occasionally and even to give the bath and handbasin a bit of a rinse now and then....  ah well...
Note painted cement floor

I used the heavy low table as my 'lock' on the door

Scented by dead moths and gecko shit!

So the pub isn't so nice, but a walk down to the servo for an ice-cream and a stroll along the back road to the river was really pleasant - there's a great free campsite on the river bank - should have brought a tent!!
Rolling Stone River - looking inland

but the beer and burger weren't too bad, so I shouldn't complain...  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment