Sunday 16 July 2017

Ferndale to Wulkuraka train station

The fog had returned to start another day - just a quick dash of 25 km to Wulkuraka to catch the train into Ipswich and then back into Brisbane.

It was an easy ride, tho I had thought maybe the trail would be in better nick as it was the first section out of Ipswich.  it did turn into a paved bike path not far out of town, tho another couple of pole crossings helped darken my mood a tad...

Was pretty pleased to arrive at the Wulkuraka station about 6 mins before the next train - but then had to wait another 50 mins as that first train never arrived....  but eventually I arrived back in the big smoke and after exiting via Roma St was soon on my way home again.

All in all - a great couple of days cycling - getting out into the countryside and breathing the clean air - checking out the birds and generally cycling along in our beautiful winter weather.

next time I cycle this path it will be with a much reduced load and maybe take a few more days to check out some of the side attractions.  The weather was wonderful, tho chilly at night and certainly am glad I didn't think of camping out...  although Hennie's tyres are 35mm wide, I didn't really find that too much of a hassle - no punctures or handling issues.  I was rather pleased with the way Hennie rolled along, and it was only coming out of the crossings that I really cursed the extra baggage...  so all in all, pretty happy to have cycled the length of the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail.  maybe by the time I get around to doing this again, the section between Moore and Toogoolawah will be opened.  In fact, am pretty sure it won't be until that section is opened!




Hennie covered in dirt and grass clippings - baptised!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the ride. The week before, my sister Sue and I walked 6 days back to back from Yarraman to Fernvale, 140klms. A couple of weeks before that walk I walked Fernvale to Brassall so have now walked the full length if the BVRT. In September I stsrt a walk across UK and France - 1100klms over 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete