Thursday 21 February 2013

Day 9: Wanaka

View from YHA Wanaka
I felt like a nice slow start to the day – so first did a little laundry and did some blogging.
Had a great skype with Emma, Erica, Michael and Little Baby Carl for a little while, until he demanded food and then sleep…  Erica was a bit shy, but it was so good to see her and to see that she recognised it was her little ole Granny in the computer….




After having some lunch I went for a small ride out along yet another rough and gravelly bike path – yes, I know I do go on a bit – but everything biking is set up purely for mountain bikes – and there are others out there on the road.  I bounced and jounced a fair way until the track became sandy as well as rough and gravelly, so I called it quits and returned back along the path until I could get onto some proper road.


I dropped into the supermarket to get the makings for nachos and was entertained by some buskers that were advertising their gig that night.  Real blue grass country music – well, they said they were European – but didn’t elaborate.  The young girl was playing an Appalachian dulcimer – what a sweet sounding and looking instrument – hmmmm….  I haven’t bought that guitar yet….  So….. 
Buskers - Gypsy Devils
Otherwise the day went fairly easily – nothing drastic happening and not a lot to do as there weren’t any lake cruises and the kayaks were only letting them out for hour inside the bay as the wind was picking up and I was feeling lazy…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment