Wednesday 13 February 2013

Day 1 In transit lounge Wellington


Day 1: to New Zealand
Once again, lift off to another biking adventure is underway.  I have made it to Wellington – and am waiting for another 45 mins before lift-off to Dunedin.
I have packed Maggie into her box with the panniers and my cargo bag is bulging with plenty of clothing that’s going to keep me nice of warm in the cool summer weather of the southern regions of the South Island of New Zealand. 
My plan is to fly into Dunedin, catch the train to Middlemarch, ride the Otago Rail Trail to Clyde.  Then head off on the open ride to Wanaka, then over the hill and far, far away to Queenstown before catching a bus back to Dunedin and flying home.  Sounds like it should work!
So stay tuned…..   hopefully I won’t be whingeing about the wind or about the mountains – but that I am bowled over (not literally) by the scenery, friendly motorists and wonderful food – plus apparently the NZ mob make good white wine…  we shall seeJ
My first hurdle has been to get a sim card activated – a bit of a struggle, but hopefully its up and running.
Maggie was cleared thru customs as being a nice clean machine – the box was intact then, so hoping it arrives in Dunedin in good shape.
It looks cool outside, but am not going to check….
Arriving in Dunedin around 8:30 tonight, time to find some food and crash.  Maggie will be restored to her rolling self tomorrow and we are off to the Trail on Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment