Wednesday 5 May 2021

Rained out! We're not impressed

 BOM site said there was going to be rain today, then this morning they poffled on about thunderstorms, but the radar showed the rain moving away.  

So I thought it could be a good time to leave, (not sure what Roxy thought) even tho it was now 10:30.  I thought we would just go up along the track for awhile as we weren't expecting to make it to Toogoolawah and back with the track so wet.

But as we went along, the clouds got darker, then there was thunder rumbling around, then it started to rain.  Now, if I'd been on my own, I probably would have just started swearing but would have continued on.  But I couldn't put Roxy through that.  I thought I saw the roof of a shelter ahead, but once I got closer I realised it was just the roof of a grader on the side of the track.  

so, as the rain started to come down heavier, we turned around and headed back to the nice dry motel room.  we arrived covered with mud, cold and wet.  

fingers crossed for some sunshine and balmy days ahead...  well at least till Friday night!  

big question is now - do I head to Toogoolawah tomorrow, or go south to Lowood!  sigh!


Rosie getting a wash

feeling confident



Esk Railway siding.  Roxy waiting for a ride!

no more photos because it was so wet and muddy and I needed to clean up so I could have a nice hot shower asap....

fingers crossed, thumbs held the sun might shine tomorrow.  Pleeeeeease!

actually here are some more photos!  the sun was shining in the late afternoon, so we went for a walk along the Heritage Trail.  Roxy loved trotting along and enjoying the sunshine as much as I did!

along the Rail Trail going south from Esk


some serious landcare plantings


fibre bombing 


1 comment:

  1. Aargh, best laid plans! Fingers crossed for tomorrow �� That south bound trail looks very tempting for tomorrow's ride, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete