Thursday 26 September 2019

Arrived in Vienna

Sometimes long-haul flights can go so smoothly... and this time I was lucky.  apart from stressing about excess baggage charges, dear Qantas managed to ignore my 2kg over - just leaving me with a rather long shopping list now that I am here!  but that's no biggy.
Quick flit down to Sydney and catch up with Jo before climbing aboard for the flight to Dubai - 14 hours.  So the row just behind the toilets has heaps of leg room, meaning you can stand up and walk away without having to climb over people.  so after a meal, lights are dimmed and everyone goes into doze mode...  apart for a few bumps over the Indian Ocean, it was a totally smooth trip, arriving 30 mins late in Dubai...  man the dust and smog is so bad there!
so after a coffee and a bit of a look around it was time to board for the final 6 hours to Vienna.  and again smooth apart for a bit of a shake up and wobble after take off, which did make one think if Boeing have got all issues sorted, but no worries.
Then arrival in Vienna was so quick to.  Hennie was brought out of oversize and I strapped on the wheels and went down and collected my bags and out to the taxi rank.  I was half expecting that there would be no maxi-taxis but there was one there and we easily loaded Hennie into the back and away we went to the hotel.  All good!   and its still green here, yellow dandelions nodding on the side of the road and pretty little blue wildflowers.  There are some trees with yellow leaves and its all looking like autumn is about to happen.  And I saw two magpies flying away, with their long tails dragging along behind them!
I looked longingly at the bed but decided to get Hennie back together, then have a shower and go for a bit of walk down to the little Billa supermarket (there was a larger Spar one further back!) so I did.  so my first day in Austria went as smoothly as one could hope for!
Tomorrow, I load up Hennie and we ride into the big smoke of Vienna and we shall see what we shall see - even might get game and go on the ferris wheel!
sorry no photos, you'll have to wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment